Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Are you going to Cambodia to see Angkor Wat? If you're an independent traveler, you may be looking for a way to see all the magnificent sights around Siem Reap. There is a lot to see in and around town, and I can get you there, and give you a professional, guided tour experience.

While you're here, you absolutely cannot miss:

o The Temples of Angkor Wat
o Angkor Thom
o Bayon
o Phnom Kram
o Ta Prohm


Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Thy (pronounced "Tee") Srey, and I'm an independent tour operator in Siem Reap. I have lived my whole life in the area, and have many local contacts.

In addition to the great and historic temples, I can take you to the surrounding areas, the suburbs, if you will, to see such things as:

o The Floating Village of Tonle Sap
o The Flooded Forest of Kampong Phloc

Do you like wildlife? There are even monkeys and elephants and crocodiles (oh my!) around town, and I know where to find them.

I have my own motorbike, would be happy to drive you wherever you need to go in town. Heading to the temples? I can get you there. Need to run downtown to go to the market or a museum? Hop on the back! As you'll no doubt notice in Cambodia, it's not unusual to see whole families on the back of a motorbike... You get to ride in luxury with just two of us! Plus, I'm an Excellent Driver! Are you traveling with friends? Let me know, and I can arrange for additional drivers!

Cambodian is, of course, my mother tongue, but I have studied English in school, and am studying Spanish on my own. Nihongo dekimasuka? Watashi-wa sukoshi nihongo dekimasu...ano, jozu jarimasen. We shouldn't have any trouble communicating.

So, if you're coming to visit my country, you can't miss majestic Angkor Wat. And if you come to see Angkor Wat, please give me a call. I would love to show you around my hometown!